Membership of the IMarEST is open to all, whether you are a student, just starting out in your career, an experienced professional or just someone who is interested in marine engineering, science or technology or our work.
As a member, you become part of the only membership body in the world for marine engineers, scientists and technologists. You belong to a global group of marine professionals across over 120 countries. Our vast and dynamic network of members continuously shares and exchanges knowledge, ensuring that expertise remains strong in the marine sector and that we stay at the forefront of technological progress.
Your grade of membership reflects your skills, qualifications and experience. As you progress through your career, you will be eligible for higher grades of IMarEST membership. If you are a Fellow, Member or Associate Member, you can also apply for registrationu乐平台官网 and gain further recognition of your professional status.
u乐平台官网The IMarEST has five categories of membership:
- Affiliate – Open to anyone with an interest in the marine sector or the activities of the Institute.
- Student (SIMarEST) – Free, for all students, cadets, apprentices and trainees.
- Graduate Pathway (AMIMarEST) – For those in the first five years of their career since graduating as a cadet, student or apprentice.
- Associate Member (AMIMarEST) – For those in the early stages of their career, having worked in the marine sector for at least three years.
- Member (MIMarEST) - For those who have developed a high standard of knowledge and understanding and are working in marine-related field.
- Fellow (FIMarEST) – The highest level of membership, for those who have demonstrated significant responsibility and sustained achievement in their profession.